Think you need a Fort Lauderdale roofing contractor?
Do you live in, or near, Fort Lauderdale and suspect that you have problems with your tile or asphalt roof?
If you can answer yes to any of the following questions, you need a Fort Lauderdale roofing contractor for roof replacement or roof repairs
- Is there damage to your home that extends beyond the roof?
- Is there a sign of significant roof leakage?
- Will the repairs possibly require you to find alternative temporary housing?
If you answered yes to any of the above, you do need a Fort Lauderdale residential roofing contractor, but there are many of them. How do you know which one to use?
Fort Lauderdale Roof Inspection tips for Tile & Asphalt
The Fort Lauderdale Historic Preservation Design Guidelines were developed by the City of Fort Lauderdale’s Historic Preservation Board in conjunction with the Department of Sustainable Development to save applicants time and money by providing a guide of tips to reference for roofing maintenance and preservation. Here are some of those recommended guidelines.
Here are some checks an experienced Fort Lauderdale residential roofing contractors would look for when inspecting your tile or asphalt roof.
- Loose or corroded tile fasteners that need to be reattached or replaced
- Lack of mortar between tiles that needs to be installed
- Tiles that are cracked needing either filled, reattached, or sub layered with sheet metal
- Damaged or missing tiles that need replacing with preferably salvaged tiles that have the same dimensions and visual characteristics as your existing roof
Now, if you have an asphalt roof, here are some problems a Fort Lauderdale residential roofing contractor will check for:
- Punctures or splits that need filling with roofing cement, or should have sheet metal placed beneath
- If you have fungi or moss growing on your roof, then adjacent foliage should be trimmed to allow the sun to dry out your roof’s surface
- Damaged or missing shingles or roof accessories that need replacing
If you’ve seen any of the problems mentioned here, it would be a you’re best interest to get a Fort Lauderdale Roofing Contractor to thoroughly investigate these issues and fix them. Now, here are some tips – from us – when looking for a roofing contractor.
Some things to consider when looking for a contractor
In order to perform services in Fort Lauderdale Florida, all Fort Lauderdale residential roofing contractors must be able to provide proof of current licensure from the state of Florida. Don’t find out your contractor was not licensed after the work is done, ask for proof of licensure up front.
If a Fort Lauderdale roofing contractor is not properly insured, you could be deemed responsible by the courts for any injuries or damages sustained during roof repair or replacement work performed on your home. Protect yourself by making sure the roofing contractor you choose has the right insurance coverage.
Check to see how long each roofing contractor you consider has been in business and what their customers have to say about them. Years in business equate to years of experience and make it much easier to check on a company’s customer satisfaction. Also, a company that remains successful in business for years is obviously stable, and will more likely be around if warranty work is needed after the work is done.
Above are just a few of the considerations one faces in choosing a good Fort Lauderdale roofing contractor.
A non-viable roof can cause major home damage, so if you suspect your tile or asphalt roof may need repair or replacement, do not hesitate to consult an experienced, licensed, and reputable Fort Lauderdale roofing contractor today.
Give us a call at 954-500-0203, our fill out our request a quote form above, we may just be the best Fort Lauderdale roofing company for you.